Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Illusion of Safety (3/11/09)

We relive the moments when we fucked up the most to get a laugh and it also helps to cope.

We make mistakes and we know it and we never learn from them. What the hell is our problem?

Living 20 as if it were 16. Living those ways because we’re missing.

You wrote the script and I provided the score and this is the stage where we performed this great comedy.

Oh god, if i could go back again i wouldn’t be standing in this very spot i am standing in now.

Would that be good or bad?

We will never know.

Failure is seen as progression. But when the same mistake occurs repeatedly we don’t progress in any direction. Stop standing in the same spot, we’re losing you. But i guess I haven’t even gone too far because the memory of you is still new.

We are standing a distance the size of my regret for choosing the decision I decided to choose. I can’t sing the blues. But i can sing the melody embedded in the spots on your back.

The position that i’m sitting in shows that your eyes are the repeat symbol and so it goes…

But fuck it…

Who knows?

This society is kindly, but blindly, guiding us in a loop. Caught up in a bow I broke so I had to sew.

You know, the scratch on my arm, ska, and the scent of weed no longer remind me of you. I’ve given myself plenty of memories. An amount that almost matches the billion brilliant bright lights up in the sky that we’ve seen since the day we were born.

This train of thought departed without me because it started from a thought of the past, my Aesop Rock CDr, and Defiance, Ohio tape.

It went through so many neighborhoods in the city of life that i forgot why i even wanted to hop on to begin with.

It is the illusion of safety.

We are only in love with the thought of love, right?

Well, I’m happy i missed that train.

We are now standing a great distance. A distance as great as my satisfaction for making the decision I decided to make. And no matter where we go or how long it takes for you to do so just know that you are still alive. (Dot, dot, dot) We are still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment